The Undergraduate Research Writing Conference (URWC) is an annual event that showcases outstanding work completed by students across Rutgers University. Students who earned A's in any of the Writing Program's research writing courses are invited to submit their papers for consideration, and the process of selection is highly competitive. Selected students have the opportunity to present their work in a setting modeled on an academic conference, and the event provides an interdisciplinary platform for sharing ideas and networking in a professional environment.
The 2016 URWC was sponsored by the Department of English and the Writing Program with support from the School of Arts and Sciences, the School of Environmental and Biological Sciences, RU Libraries, the School of Engineering, and the Rutgers Business School.
Read news coverage of the event:
Every year, students who earn an A in the following courses are invited to submit their papers for consideration to be conference presenters.
- “Research in the Disciplines” (355:201)
- “College Writing and Research” (355:301)
- “Scientific and Technical Writing” (355:302)
- “Writing for Business and the Professions” (355:303)
- “Writing in the Professions: Medicine, Law and Psychology” (355:355)