The Dialogues@RU journal was founded by Michael Cripps in 2002 to showcase the exemplary work of students in 201, Research in the Disciplines.
Students who earn an A for the course are invited to submit their papers to Dialogues@RU for consideration. An editorial team of undergraduate interns selects exemplary papers in a variety of disciplinary fields then works with the student-writers through both a substantive and technical editing process.
Papers selected for Dialogues@RU:
- Offer a convincing and insightful argument
- Demonstrate depth of research, having used multiple scholarly sources in meaningful and connective ways
- Are not biased, but contain counter-arguments and complexity
- Exhibit in-depth analysis and interpretation based on textual evidence
- Serve as a strong model for future students in Research in the Disciplines